Call Today! 1800 637 600
For Immediate Service

Archives

Symptoms of a blocked drain

As our summer rolls on and the easter break approaches and we get together with our family and friends, keep an eye out for some of those vital symptoms that indicate you have a slow or blocked drain. Make it a holiday break  to remember for the right reasons,  rather than needing to call an emergency plumber to rescue you...

Will this blocked drain go away?

If you have a blocked drain it is very very unlikely that the blockage will simply go away. Blockages caused by tree roots act like a strainer within your sewer pipes. Water and liquids will pass through the strainer but the poo and toilet paper and any other foreign material you flush down your sewer will get caught in the...

What are the main causes of blocked drains?

Todays post is a simple one. Amazingly, 83% of all blocked drains in Australia are caused by tree roots! Cooking fats, oils and grease, human and pet hair, sanitary products, facial tissues and napkins used instead of toilet paper, dental floss and broken or collapsed pipes make up the other 17% of blocked drains. If you have repeat repeat repeat problems with your sewer pipes caused by...

Why we need a plan of our sewer pipes

Generally, when sewer pipes and drains are installed by a licensed plumber, they are inspected by an authorised person who draws a plan of the drainage installation showing where the drains run, what plumbing fixtures are connected and what, if any, other properties are connected! In modern times, we have a self inspection system where the plumber draws the drainage installation...

Who is responsible for these drains?

Blockages and problems with drains occur no matter what type of building you live in. Most single or multiple level houses have their own drainage systems taking the discharge from all the plumbing fixtures within the property. The owner of this  property is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their pipes upto the point where his pipes join the council main. Rows of...

What is a blocked drain?

A  drain is an outlet where water can be piped away from a plumbing fixture like a toilet or WC, a basin, bath or shower, a kitchen sink, laundry tubs or an external drain, known as a gully. Stormwater drains can take discharge from roofing guttering and pits and grates installed to take runoff  water collected from hard surfaces.  ...